#van life in Merimbula
Welcome RVers, caravanners & campers
Merimbula and its pristine environment, the heart of the Sapphire Coast, is simply a place where you can relax, reconnect with family or release your inner child. Fish off Merimbula Wharf, float with the tide at Bar Beach, kayak on Top Lake and surf the break at Main Beach. For those who’ve exhausted their beach time, visit the national parks that surround or take a wander through the boutique retail offerings within the town.
One of the best places in the region to enjoy our famed local produce, Merimbula is home to a wide selection of cafes and restaurants all offering up the best of local fare. The town shines all year round with fishing, golf and bowls, all ready to complement the beautiful, unspoilt beaches and estuaries on offer.
Where to Stay
- Merimbula Caravan & Motor Home Park – 2529 Princes Highway, Millingandi
- NRMA Merimbula Beach Holiday Resort – 2 Short Point Road, Merimbula
- Sapphire Valley Caravan Park – 29 Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula PET FRIENDLY
- Merimbula Lake Holiday Park – Green Point Rd , Pambula PET FRIENDLY
- Tween Waters Holiday Park – Dunns Lane, Merimbula PET FRIENDLY
National ParksBen Boyd National Park. Must pre-book – online or phone
Managed by NPWS Merimbula 02 6495 5000
Saltwater Creek: sites for tents, RVs and camper trailers
Bittangabee Bay: sites for tents, RVs and camper trailers
Where to park in town
- Large RV motorhomes and caravans: Merimbula Boat Ramp – Arthur Kaine Drive, Merimbula
- Smaller RV motorhomes: Park Street Carpark behind Shops and Merimbula Visitor Information Centre.
Pet Friendly beaches & walks
- Short Point Headland: (Accessible) – the reserve area west of the Short Point Beach paved car park, north of the property boundary of the Holiday Park
- Main Beach: On and off leash as indicated. Beach area south from a line drawn east as a continuation of Dunns Lane to a point where the access track running east from the Merimbula Airport meets the ocean beach.
- Bar Beach: the foreshore area north of the beach below the Bar Beach kiosk, west of foreshore vegetation and south of Spencer Park except for Dec 1-30 Apr between 10am and 4pm when it is a dog prohibited area.
- Tura Beach area south of a line drawn east from the northern boundary of property at 162 Pacific Way and north of a line drawn east from the boundary of property at Surf Circle and not including the carparks and beach access tracks.
Waste & Recycling
- General waste & recycling bins throughout town
- Return & Earn station – Woolworths Tura Beach Shopping Centre, Tura Beach
- Waste & Recycling Centre, Red Hill Road – off Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula
Water Fill Station
Merimbula Drive – outside town, 2.5 kms west of Merimbula
Merimbula Caravan & Motor Home Park – Free for guests
NRMA Merimbula Beach Holiday Resort – Free for guests
Sapphire Valley Caravan Park – Free for guests
Merimbula Lake Holiday Park – Free for guests
Tween Waters Holiday Park – Free for guests
Caravan & RV Repairs
Majestic Motorhomes & Caravans Repairs – Princes Hwy, Frogs Hollow – 02 6492 5560